New Print First Block

Here is the first proof of the first block, printed in turquoise and ready to overprint with the second block (in crimson).
I always make a lot of changes to the first block – for example, I couldn’t choose between whether the floor should be light or dark and in the end, decided on light, to echo the ceiling areas, and so cut the lino away on blocks one and two.
Then I had a change of heart and painted the floor in thinned turquoise ink (you can see this above) as I wanted to check whether a darker floor would create a better balance.

Inevitably, of course, I decided that I needed to re-instate the dark floor and had to insert a new piece of lino into where I had previously cut the whole section away (as you can see in the image above).
I guess I could always cut a whole new block but I find a combination of wood filler, super glue, coarse sandpaper and a lot of cursing does the trick just as well.
(In case you’re wondering, the remains of dark crimson ink on the lino is from when I changed my mind yet again and decided on some off-setting – but more on that later…… )

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *